Monday, December 20, 2010

5 Minutes

I'm setting the clock for five minutes and writing down everything that I want to remember about this year, in case I forget tomorrow. It's part of my reverb10 challenge (which I'm very behind in by the way).
That feeling of excitement, nervousness and pure joy I felt when I arrived in Manly at the beginning of my first term at university. My first "uni job" in a chocolate bar. My first pay check. The ferry from Manly to Sydney to watch West Side Story in Darling Harbour. My first dorm room in the castle. My second dorm room and it's view. Running along Manly beach. Shelley beach. Icebreaker parties. Penny. Shark bar. The opening of the Soccer World Cup. Him. Playing touch rugby on the beach and the headlands. Events lectures. Figuring out Accounting. Trip to Forster. The beach in Foster. Jumping photos. Chui. A night with Angus. An interview for my first job "in the industry". Getting the call about my first job "in the industry". Kirsten.  Watching Tri-Nations Rugby in Ivanhoe Sports bar. Harrison. The computer room. Embarrassments in the computer room. Ben. Easter in Broulee. My grandparents at the castle. Hugging Tom as he walked through the arrivals gate. Gran and Grandpa in the dark. Hearing the news. Sarah. Shopping for Auction. Getting out of auction. Study breaks by the sea. College pranks. Bedroom in  the lounge.The night of my birthday. Feeling beautiful. The crowd singing happy birthday. Beth. My first real job. Missing Harriet. Counting the days until she arrives. My first Christmas/end of year staff party. Australian driver's license. Soy hot chocolates. Many soy hot chocolates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment