Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week in Review

In an attempt to record the important aspects of life I've decided that a Week in Review post is appropriate. I'll write it every Sunday morning and it'll reflect the various important events of my week.


First up, after a frustratingly long amount of time, I finally got my P plates. Yes I'm twenty. Yes I can only drive in a car by myself now. But between moving between two countries and again between two states I just haven't had the time. I'm free as a bird now and I'm ecstatic!
I looked after my very first event on Monday and Tuesday. It was a small function for sixty five people but I was the point of call for manager and client and everyone was happy with my work. The whole experience reminded me of my reason for the wanting to work in this industry - it was pure exhilaration - and I loved it. 


I watched the first installment of the last Harry Potter film on Thursday at Midnight. A one word description? Awesome.


I booked bus tickets to and from Sydney. I leave tomorrow morning and will return on Tuesday. I haven't seen Sydney for nearly three months! I can't believe I planned to visit at least once a month. I didn't realise how much my life would be consumed by work. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends.
Last night I worked on the bar for the first time. I ended up smelling like beer but it was fun. I prefer working on the floor though. I didn't really feel a part of the event. It was a Christmas party (the first of many I'm sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment