Thursday, November 4, 2010

An Odd Day

Today, I feel a little "off". I don't know why but for some reason I've been thinking a lot today. A lot. I've been thinking about time, change and the past. Three things one should try their best not to dwell on. Three things I try my best not to dwell on.


A lot has happened within the last two years since I left high school. I've moved half way across the world, made a life for myself in Australia, studied in Sydney and moved to Canberra to complete practical training for my degree. Time has moved so slowly and, yet, so fast in that time. A lot has changed about me within that time. Some of which I wish hadn't but some I'm glad has.


Maybe it's just the time of year that has brought on all this reflection. Tomorrow will be four years since a very close friend of mine passed away and I can't get her or her mother off my mind. She only got sixteen years. Sixteen years that she made so worth while it's hard to imagine how she could have been taken from us so soon. So much potential wasted.


More about that tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment